12 March 2015

Playing with physics

So, here is a fun little project I did this week.
(Please forgive my lighting. I have yet to set up a proper place to photograph my products.) 

My intentions here were to make this sign so that theoretically, if you were to move the gear under the 'T' to make it straight, it would correct the other letters as well.

I cut out the letters, robot, and gears with my silhouette. The letters are vinyl, but I stenciled the robot and gears on either side of the name.



I also played with letter shading to create that 3d effect.

With this concept, there are so many things you can come up with to make a fun and unique sign or name plaque. With all the sign makers out there, find a way to make yours stand out. It doesn't have to be realistic either. But, sometimes just adding some dimension goes a long way with a project.

Thanks for reading!



1 comment:

  1. Love the gears and the thought process behind them! Cute sign :)

    ReplyDelete